Friday, September 23, 2016

The Cover is here for Crown of Cinders

I am beyond excited for my friend and fellow indie author, Rebecca Ethington. This is the official cover for Crown of Cinders, the final book of the Imdalind Series. Have you read this series yet? If not, Why? Seriously, its on of  my favorite series. You can get caught up on the series now and preorder the final book. I can't wait to see how this ends. Of course it is going to be Epic. Grab your copies now.


Crown of Cinders
Rebecca Ethington
(Imdalind, #7)
Publication date: November 28th 2016
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
The Internationally Best-Selling Imdalind Series comes to a close in this long awaited heart-pounding conclusion.
For centuries the war that has raged within magic has ripped the world apart. Fought between Skȓítek and Trpaslík; killing father and son, and destroying a fragile balance between mortal and magic.
For centuries everyone has been awaiting the Silnỳ, searching for the girl who was prophesized. The girl with power strong enough to defeat the evil that plagued the world, and bring the war to an end.
For centuries, everyone was wrong.
The Silnỳ was not what they had been told, the promises of future distorted by a sight that was tarnished. The evil was not what they had expected, not what they had been fighting against. Instead it was hidden amongst them; plotting, waiting for their time to strike.
And it did. With fire and blade the hidden evil took it’s place upon a throne of blood. The evil has shown itself and now only one person can save them all.
But with Sights that are no longer infallible and armies that are abandoning their king – it is no longer clear who that person is, or even if they have the courage to stand up to the evil and face their end.

Teasers:

Ovailia said nothing before turning away, her hair swinging down her bare back, revealing the scar that had been opened and reopened, both at my expense.
“You don’t even wear your battle scars well. All that magic and you are still left wanting.”
She didn’t turn, didn’t reply. Still, I could still feel the heat of her anger, her magic as strong as the intensity of the volatile flames.
It was then that the laugh finally escaped me, my humiliation escaping me in a razor sharp snap that cut across her skin. It cut across the air and put her firmly in place on a pedestal far below mine. She could never be my equal, and it was time she knew it.”


“The three men shivered before me, their bodies construed on the floor in poor attempts of a bow. They quaked with every step I took before them, the sound of my footfalls loud in the hollow expanse of the hall. The echo of the void made everything louder. I could even hear them breathe in sharp little inhales that accentuated their panic.

“This is a grand hall.” My voice was a loud snap as I continued to pace, sidestepping a large pool of still damp blood that remained from the massacre of a few days ago. “I remember when it was carved out. Three skilled Trpaslíks stood in the large cavern we now use as a walkway, their magic pulsing, moving, melting the rock. That was before the fire magic was lost to your kind. That was before any of you were born …”
I ended with a laugh, the loud, disreputable sound barking inside my chest in a pleasant ripple, echoing against the hollow room with a ridge of danger that was not missed by the three men.
They shivered all the more, curling their spines into themselves as if that could somehow save them.
I laughed harder. Nothing could save them. They would understand the punishment for defying me soon. Then death would find them. I had a job for them first, however.
“I was alive, though,” I continued, the laugh ending with a snap, the rough edges of my voice hard against the rocks. The entire room trembled underneath it, underneath my anger. “I saw it all. I was here when they carved the hall, when they protected the deep wells of magic. It was my magic that they cowered beneath, much the same way as you do now.”




Where to find Rebecca:


No comments:

Post a Comment