Sunday, February 19, 2017

Swoon Sunday

Today's Swoon Sunday post is courtesy of Forced Autonomy. You can find this and all my books on Kindle Unlimited.


As we got closer, I saw they were flowers blooming at night, yellow, the color of saffron. I knelt down beside them, putting my nose to the open bud, its smell tickling my nose.  “They’re beautiful.” “I thought you’d like them. It’s rare we find the good things amongst all the chaos.” “And when we do?” He had taken a reclining position on his elbows, staring up at the crescent moon. After a while, he cleared his throat, “When we do, we should take care of them.”
I looked back at him, more entranced with the way the moonlight made his hair seem like it was flawless. Maybe he just felt obligated to take care of me because he was the one who found me. I wondered if maybe this was how he treated everyone.  “I appreciate you taking care of me. I’m sure you help everyone get back on their feet after you find them.” “Is that what you think I’m doing? You think this is some lobotomy rehab?” I shrugged, “I just don’t want to confuse my feelings for you with gratitude. You saved me.” “Come here, lay with me, look at the moon.” He dodged my question, but I laid with him anyway, covered my bad eye, and looked at the light. “Does it hurt?” He covered my fingers with his own. “Just when I stare at a light.” “It’s not because I found you,” his hand moved from my eye to the side of my jaw. “It’s not?” “No. There’s something about you. I think I’d do just about anything to make you smile.” “And mine is not just hero worship.” He laughed humorlessly, “Well, that’s good since I’m no hero.” “All those people you saved like me? I should start calling you Thor.” “Maybe it’s not saving people. Maybe it’s paying penance.” “Penance for what?”


You can find your copy HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment